The school has a range of positions available:
- School Breakfasts: Volunteers are needed to help provide healthy breakfasts for the kids between 0800-0900 hr. For the first half-hour, food is prepared (such as toast, fruit, cheese) and, for the second half-hour, food is organized for the following day and the kitchen is tidied up.
- School Lunches*: Helpers are needed for 1-1 1/2 hour shifts Mon-Thu to prepare lunches (sandwiches, snacks, and juice) for students. *Needed starting Mon, 21 Mar 2016.
- Enrichment Clusters: Do you have something you’re passionate about? Do you want to share that passion with kids? Enrichment clusters are perfect for you! Volunteers are needed to lead short weekly sessions for four weeks at a time on Fri mornings. Describe your topic to the school so they can add you to their volunteer roster and contact you when students are ready to learn about your interests….it can be anything from woodworking, knitting, and cooking to the outdoors, animals, or camping. The sky is the limit!
- Care Club: Volunteers are invited to spend time with kids between 1500-1630 hr to do a range of activities, including going for walks, cooking, and working on projects to support the CARE motto for the school, community, and the world.
- Outdoors: The school has an outdoor classroom and trails that connect to a larger Nature Conservancy of Canada trail network. Volunteers are needed to provide stewardship for the trail system as well as tend the gardens. This is a perfect position for those who love the outdoors.