In addition to its ongoing volunteer needs, the local MFRC has several new opportunities:
- Canex Barbecue: Help the MFRC support one of its major community partners at its 20th Anniversary Celebration. Volunteers are needed to help serve food at the Gagetown Canex on Wed, 21 Sep between 1030-1400 hr and 1400-1800 hr.
- Haunted Halloween Hike: The MFRC and Base Rec Association are planning a Haunted Hike and are putting out an early call for volunteers. If you love scaring people, this is for you! Actors, prop and costume designers, and people with really great ideas are needed.
Ongoing opportunities include:
- Program Facilitators: The MFRC is hosting a range of fun programs in the fall and a variety of facilitators are needed. Responsibilities include welcoming participants, ensuring participants sign in, coordinating activities, and communicating with program coordinators. The programs involve board games nights, a book club, as well as knitting and crocheting. The first book club will be Wed, 21 Sep between 1800-2000 hr and the first board game night will be Wed, 28 Sep between 1800-2000 hr.
- Pre-school Program Assistant: The MFRC’s preschool programs are looking for assistance with their weekly music, munchies, messy play, and craft programs each Thu between 945-1130 hr.
- Francophone Playgroup Assistant: If you are francophone, your help would be appreciated for the MFRC’s playgroups. Volunteers work with staff to plan and prepare activities and snacks each Fri between 9-11 hr. Volunteers can arrange to help with preparation at other times during the week.