Our local MFRC has a number of fun opportunities!
- Silhouette Workshop: Training will be provided on 17 Nov between 1330-1500 hr to volunteers interested in learning how to use a Silhouette machine. This crafty machine will be a great assistance in creating beautiful bulletin boards, cards, and other paper art.
- Christmas Decorating: Help get the MFRC ready for the holiday season. Decorate the trees, hang the garland and listen to some carols on 29 Nov between 0900-1130 hr.
- Early Learners Classroom Assistant: The MFRC’s Early Learners pre-school program is looking for someone to assist regularly (1-2 times a week) as a classroom helper between 0900-1130 hr on weekdays. The participants love having an extra guest to have fun with.
- Gift Wrapping: If you enjoy gift wrapping, please help those who don’t! Volunteers are needed on 26 Nov between 1300-1600 hr. As a special bonus, you are welcome to bring any gifts you have and wrap them that day as well!
- Pinterest DIY: Do you want to come and get some fun ideas for make-them-yourself Christmas gifts? The MFRC is hosting its third monthly Pinterest DIY workshop on 17 Nov between 1800-2000 hr. This month’s focus is on a variety of fun, meaningful Christmas gift items. Come lend your hand to make the event run smoothly and take away some great gifts for the people you love!
- Francophone Playgroup Assistant: If you are francophone, the MFRC needs your help! Work with staff to plan and prepare activities and snacks each Fri between 0900-1100. Other timings are also available.
- Pre-School Program Assistant: The preschool programs are looking for assistance with their weekly music, munchies, messy play and craft programs. Volunteers are needed each Thu between 0945-1115 hr.
To learn more, email VolunteerOromoctoAndArea@gmail.com.