The local MFRC has a number of fun opportunities coming up!
International Women’s Week
Mother & Child Night, Mon 20 Feb: Face painters, a food server, and a craft table assistant are needed between 1730-2030 hr.
Lunch and Learn , Wed 22 February: Volunteers are needed to help with set-up between 1000-1130 hr as well as clean-up between 1300-1400 hr. Lunch is provided if you choose to stay.
Francophone Soirée, Wed 22 Feb: Bilingual volunteers willing to help with hair-styling, makeup, or crafts between 1830-2130 hr are needed. Volunteers get to enjoy the event for free!
February Volunteer Opportunities
- Phone Call Assistant: Volunteers are needed to help phone community members about the MFRC’s calendar distribution list. A script will be provided, along with the phone list and email recording sheet. This opportunity is available during whatever time is convenient for the volunteer, or can be done from home. Please register for the information meeting and for the first group phoning session.
- Typing Program Facilitator: Are you proficient in keyboarding? Interested in keeping up your teaching skills? Help our youth gain a valuable skill as you develop a weekly program to teach them how to type.
- Early Learners Classroom Assistant: Our Early Learners preschool program is looking for someone to assist regularly (1-2 times/week) as a helper in the classroom on weekdays between 0900-1130 hr. The participants love having an extra guest to have fun with.
- Messy Play (Ages 0-2): Are you ready to get dirty and have fun? Enjoy your time while gaining experience with a group of excited little toddlers while they explore their senses. There will be different sensory bins for participants to dip their little fingers and toes in. Help with set-up and clean-up, and encourage participation and parent interaction.
- Kitchen Crashers (Ages 5-9): The MFRC needs helpers for its little hands in the kitchen on 10 Feb between 1330-1400 hr! Cooking programs can be very fast paced and busy! If you love cooking or baking, we are looking for you. We have lots of fun in the kitchen trying out new recipes every month.
- Face Painting: Are you fun, creative, and like kids? Then the MFRC needs you as part of its Face painting team. It offers face painting at a number of its special events, and is often asked to assist with unit family functions. Training can be arranged, and all
supplies will be provided.