Volunteers play an essential role at the Multicultural Association of Fredericton (MCAF), providing valuable information and support to newcomers as they adapt to Canadian culture. Some ways you can volunteer at MCAF include:
- Being matched with a newcomer in Fredericton and spending a few hours each week for a minimum of six months helping them participate in the community.
- Tutoring newcomers in English or French individually or in small groups for 1-2 hr once or twice a week. No training or experience is required, and there is a wide array of language abilities and needs among the participants.
- Fundraising for activities or events.
- Working on committees or the Board of Directors.
- Helping newcomers with interpretation or translation.
- Facilitating information sessions or workshops for newcomers.
- Volunteering as a Rainbow of Cultures Summer Camp counselor.
To learn more, contact Bonnie Doughty at 452-0651 or firstname.lastname@example.org.