Formed in 2008, the Fredericton Ladies Choir is a non-auditioned, community choir with 70-80 members. The choir holds two well-attended concerts each year: Christmas and Spring. A sizable portion of the concert proceeds is donated to local charities. The choir’s repertoire includes popular music, show tunes, folk songs, and sacred selections. The choir meets on Tue evenings between Sep and May. The duties of the Choir Director include:
- Choosing music for two annual performances.
- Planning and directing weekly practices.
- Organizing concert programs, including inviting guest performers.
- Directing concerts.
- Maintaining the choir’s music library.
- Ensuring member volunteers are in place to handle the administrative details of choir activities.
- Maintaining and welcoming communication with choir members.
- Coordinating with choir members regarding the choice of charity(ies) to support.
- Monitoring absenteeism.
- Resolving problems.
- Promoting a positive attitude among choir members.
While rehearsals for the next term will not start until Sep, it will be necessary for the new director to select music for the Christmas concert during the summer months.
An honorarium will be provided. Expressions of Interest indicating qualifications, experience, availability, and expected remuneration should be submitted by 31 Mar to firstname.lastname@example.org. Personal interviews will follow.