Cat Rescue Maritimes (CARMA) is seeking a volunteer Treasurer. The successful candidate will oversee the management and reporting of CARMA’s finances as well as be given the opportunity to enhance existing processes.
Responsibilities and Skills:
- Keeping a general ledger, handling receipt of funds and donations, making bank deposits, writing checks, and issuing tax receipts.
- Basic bookkeeping skills and a good understanding of Microsoft Excel.
- Receiving and reconciling the monthly bank statements.
- Being knowledgeable about who has access to funds and any outstanding bills or debts owed.
- Overseeing CARMA’s financial policies.
- Keeping board members regularly informed of key financial events and concerns.
- Preparing and completing monthly financial reports in a timely fashion and making these reports available to Board members.
- Filing Year-end report with supporting documents.
- Attending regular monthly Board meetings.
Please contact Sue Knight at 363-5564 or firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your future with CARMA!