Falls Brook Centre (FBC) is a demonstration centre and registered charity that works to foster thriving local communities by educating and inspiring people to adopt environmentally sound practices. Through partnerships, recreation, and education that support the creation of a balanced, sustainable way of life, FBC seeks to explore and promote practical solutions to today’s environmental, social, and economic challenges.
Every summer Falls Brook Centre organizes a knowledge sharing festival – Annual Free School. For the upcoming Free School next summer, we are seeking individuals for three manager positions as well as for task-specific volunteer positions.
- Sponsorship Manager – Assisting & supporting the FBC staff in seeking potential sponsorship.
- Workshop/Performer Manager – Assisting & supporting the FBC staff in getting performer (bands, artists, artisans, cultural performers) and workshop presenters.
- Volunteer Manager – Assisting & supporting the FBC staff in managing & organizing volunteers.
Task-specific Volunteer Positions
- Sponsorship Volunteers – Supporting the FBC staff & sponsorship manager in seeking potential sponsorship.
- Photographers/Videographers – Taking pictures and videos of the event for promotion and publication.
- Workshop Liaisons: Assisting workshop presenters during the event, announcing workshop schedule and locations, and directing participants when needed.
To learn more and sign up, contact Dani Subagiyo at firstname.lastname@example.org or (506) 454-5480.
We’re one day into fall. Let’s get into winter!
A crafter is needed to support the Fay Tidd Public Library by creating a life-sized snowman. Up for the challenge? Email Jacqueline at email@example.com.
- Attending monthly meetings of the CMTNB Board of directors to represent the public’s interest;
- voting as a member of the Board of Directors; and
- attending the CMTNB’s Annual General Meeting.
The NB Lung Association’s Bike For Breath needs CROSSING GUARDS on Sun, 24 Sep 2017 for its 21+ km trail ride route, viewable here.
- Crossing guards meet at the Picaroons Roundhouse between 1200-1300 hr to pick up their vest, sign, and complimentary Bike For Breath tee.
- Cyclists on this route depart the Roundhouse at 1330 hr, so crossing guards must be in place by this time. This route should take approximately 2 hours for the average cyclist to complete, so you are looking at a 2-2.5 hour crossing guard shift.
- Crossing guards are to be placed in the Victoria Health Centre/Sunshine Gardens area (parking available at Victoria Health Centre), with one situated at the crosswalk by the Town and Country Motel on Woodstock Rd. , just to ensure safe passage and visibility to motorists for the few times the trail route intersects with streetways.
- All volunteers are invited for a meal by Locavore foods and a beer tasting by Picaroons at the Chillout Afterparty, scheduled to begin at 1700 hr!
To sign up, contact Maggie at (506) 455-8961, ext. 103 or Maggie.Estey@NB.Lung.ca, provide your t-shirt size and any dietary restrictions (for the delicious meal), and come party with the Lung Association and the New Brunswick cycling community!